Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Update

It's hard to believe summer is nearly over...time flies when you're having fun! Our summer has been so refreshing, with lots of time spent at home, as well as with family & friends. Of course, the highlight was our camping trip to Chopaka! It is such a peaceful place...the beauty of God's creation is so evident when you're able to get away from the craziness of everday life. Lots of time hiking, playing games, spotting shooting stars, swimming, reading, and resting - but most of all we love all the time we get to spend with family.

We love Chopaka!
View from the top of one of our hikes-that's Canada in the distance!
Good times with Kae!
Emily's mom & stepdad came for a week.
Em's dad, brother, sister, & Ine also came for a night.
With Troy's dad & Bev...17 days of camping wasn't long enough. :)
Back in Spokane...date night!
Em's sister stayed a few days with us...riding the carousel!

Now that we're back, the reality of the busy year ahead is setting in. We've spent a lot of time getting Troy's classroom set up. It looks great...now bring on the kiddos! I am slowly getting excited, but I also have been focused on getting healthy before school starts. We also had a scare last night - my brother Jake is in Afghanistan and his vehicle hit a roadside bomb. Praise God, he only suffered a concusion and was released today back to his unit. Puts things all in perspective...life is so precious and we have to be thankful for everyday we have. So, with that in mind, we are anxious for the school year to start...(reluctant to let go of summer)...but eager to start working with our students.

2 comments:

Jody Lynn said...

Oh, I LOVE all your pictures from summer! I hope I get to go to Chopaka with all of you next summer...it looks like you guys had a good time :) I miss you and hope I get to see you all soon!! BIG HUGS!!!
Love you,
your big sis :)

Anonymous said...

It would be sooo great if you could come! It's such a blast. Maybe we'll get to see each other around the holidays?? You've got to be getting excited for EUROPE! :) Miss you and love you, too.
Em